The Alachua County Commission will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 SE 1st Street, Gainesville). Day meeting starts at 11:30 a.m. Evening meeting starts at 5 p.m.
Comments from the public will be collected for each item on the agenda and the public will also have the opportunity to speak to items that are not on the agenda at 12:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Members of the public who wish to speakers are asked to limit their comments to three minutes.
Daytime points of interest:
- Approval of a proclamation declaring May 2022 as “International Internal Audit Awareness Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a proclamation declaring May 15, 2022 “Peace Officers Memorial Day” and May 15-21, 2022 “National Police Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a proclamation declaring May 1 through May 7, 2022, “National Travel and Tourism Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a proclamation declaring May 12 to May 15, 2022 as “Emergency Services (EMS) Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Recognition of the Management Academy 2021
- Appointment to the Human Rights Council
- Appointment to vacancy of local planning agency/planning commission – appoint a non-executive member of the local planning agency/planning commission for a term ending 31/07/2023.
- Alachua County Veterans Services Advisory Board Appointment
- RTS Bus Stop Improvements in Unincorporated Alachua County
- Dock Code Revisions
- An update on a central reception system for Alachua County
- Ordinance amending the unified land use planning code, concerning flags and the height of masts (legislative)
- Hearing to establish the Springhills North Community Development District
- Hearing to establish the Springhills South Community Development District
- Tara Vista Subdivision Preliminary Development Plan (Quasi Judicial)
- Archer Road Townhouse Preliminary Development Plan (quasi-judicial)