The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be livestreamed due to COVID-19.
It will be streamed live via Microsoft Teams. Citizens can view the meeting through their own login or by logging in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3wnHEzC. Those wishing to participate in the discussion of any point may call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• Financial assistance for the improvement of wastewater in the town of Ellinwood.
• Support for the improvement of infrastructure for rural water district 1.
• The Sunflower Diversified Services glass recycling project.
• An extension of the subsidy deadline for the façade improvement project.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 9:45 am – program update with County Engineer Barry McManaman.
• 10:00 a.m. – budget hearing and agenda meeting with Fire District #1.
• 10:15 a.m. or after fire district meeting closes – Grants updates with Amy Boxberger, Director of Central Kansas Community Corrections, and Marissa Woodmansee, Director of Juvenile Services.
• 10:30 am – audit review with Melissa Ille, AdamsBrown.
• 11:15 am – program update with Karen Winkelman, Health Director, and Kori Hammeke, Child Care License.
• 11:30 am – regular business discussion with Matt Patzner, Director of Operations.
• 1:30 pm – The commission will visit a building located at 18th and Main, Great Bend. The commission is looking for a building to use as a temporary home for county offices when the courthouse HVAC system is replaced.