Alachua County Press Release
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. – The Alachua County Commission will host a council town hall and regular meeting on Tuesday, July 12, 2022. The council town hall begins at 9:30 a.m. in the Grace Knight Conference Room. The day portion of the regular meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion of the meeting begins at 5:00 p.m. The regular meeting is held at the Jack Durrance Auditorium. These meetings are held at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 SE 1st Street, Gainesville).
Masks for vulnerable citizens are strongly recommended. The public can view the meetings on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on demand website.
In-person public comments will be collected for each agenda item and the public will also have the opportunity to speak to items that are not on the agenda at noon and 5:30 p.m. Members of the public who wish to speak are asked to limit their comments to three minutes.
Regular meeting only:
The public can comment at this in-person meeting or call in during the 12:00 p.m. (noon) comment period. Callers will have three minutes to comment on anything not on the agenda and three minutes to discuss anything on the agenda. Callers can choose either or both. Those who comment on agenda items will not be permitted to comment on agenda items again if they attend the meeting in person later that day. The call number is 1-929-205-6099. When prompted, enter the meeting ID 873 5974 1977. Callers can hear the meeting on hold and can use the system to listen. If you want to comment, raise your hand by dialing *9 (star nine). Once you are called by the last four digits of your phone number, reactivate your phone by dialing *6 (star six).
Please enter your name and begin your comments. The Public Comment Moderator will determine if you want one or both comment opportunities and let you know when your time is up.
Daytime points of interest:
- Approval of a proclamation declaring July 2022 “Parks and Open Spaces Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring July 17-23, 2022 “Pretrial, Probation and Supervision Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a proclamation declaring July 2022 “Disability Awareness Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- 2022 Quarterly 2 April-June Presentation of length of service
- Fund Balance and Financial Status Update
- Review revised West Lawn Sankofa sketch and approve use of General Balanced Fund reserves
- Multimodal Transport Mitigation Agreement – Multerra Traditional Neighborhood Development
- Alachua County 2021 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (ACFR) and Independent Audit.
- Response to Unsolicited Proposal (RFP) 22-319 Public-Private Partnership for a County Administration Building.
- Fiscal Year 23 Budget Development – Public Hearing to Set Proposed Mileage Rates for County General, Municipal Services Taxing Unit (MSTU) – Law Enforcement
- Fiscal Year 23 Non-Ad Valorem Solid Waste Assessment: Resolution of Initial Assessment and Authorization to Announce Public Hearing
- Fiscal Year 2023 Non-Ad Valorem Stormwater Assessment: Resolution of Initial Assessment and Authorization to Announce Public Hearing
- FY23 Fire Assessment: Initial Assessment Resolution and Authorization to Announce Public Hearing
- Ex. 23 Sugarfoot Oaks/Cedar Ridge Special Assessment District: Resolution of Initial Assessment and Authorization to Announce Public Hearing
- Public Hearing to Amend Alachua County’s FY22 Budget
- Preliminary Development Plan for Buchanan Trails Subdivision located at 1800 Block of NW 136th Blvd. east of Arbor Greens (quasi-judicial/60 minutes)